Tuesday, October 27, 2020

32 Years.

I just watched the Dodgers win the World Series.


It happened while donning my Kershaw jersey, sitting next to my dad in a quiet, empty local restaurant. We shared a beer and a pizza, all while I talked his ear off about stats and players. I couldn't imagine celebrating any other way.



My Dad and I at a Dodger game in Giants territory— September 30th 2016


My Dad has been a Dodger fan all of his life, and he instilled that losing fandom in me (not a losing franchise anymore huh!). What better way could I have celebrated that win?


Although super excited about the dub, I wasn’t able to scream, because it wasn’t the vibe in a NorCal SF Giants lovin’ town… but that’s okay.


I am absolutely ecstatic for Clayton Kershaw to finally get this win after breaking his postseason curse. Without him, the Dodgers franchise wouldn’t be the same, and now with a legal* championship under his belt, I hope that people take his game more seriously in the postseason.


I am also so stoked that Corey Seager won MVP of the Series and MVP of the league. He deserves it. 


To add to this player appreciation segment, I bet the Red Sox aren’t feeling too good about trading Mookie right about now, who, minus the error in game 4, was definitely a frontrunner for the MVP award.


Image courtesy of the Dodgers official instagram page

Just to keep it short and sweet, it means the world to me that I could share this overdue championship experience with my pops beside me, being the daddy’s girl that I am. 


& I’d like to leave you with a message from the both of us: 

SUCK IT ASTROS!


No comments:

Post a Comment